If you're ready to turn your first bowl, you're in the right place. Here you'll find resources covering the essentials-
- Basic bowl turning technique
- How to prepare a wood blank
- Which 3 tools you'll need
- How to sharpen your tools
- Our favorite bowl turning inspiration
I've enjoyed turning bowls at my lathe for years. Actually, the first woodturning class I took focused on bowls. I remember that first bowl. It didn't make it off the lathe (my tool caught, resulting in a large crack), but it was the start of a great woodturning journey. With a little patience and the ability to laugh at yourself, and those little mistakes, your dining room table will be covered in beautiful wooden bowls in no time!