- Carter & Son Workmanship
- 2-Day Shipping. Free Returns.
"I have tested lots of tools. Carter and Son's are the finest I have come across, in both degree of workmanship and quality of steel." - Mike Mahoney
A quick overview of this cleaner:
- 3/8" parabolic bowl gouge, equipped with the grind found at Mike's lathe.
- Easily sharpen using a Wolverine jig.
- Machined from M42 high speed steel. Superior edge-holding ability.
- Hand-polished and inspected.
- Aluminum handle cuts down chatter and is designed for comfort and easy control.
- Made in the USA. Backed by a 100% guarantee.
We are very excited to partner with Mike Mahoney and serve you with the tools found at his lathe. Mike is an professional woodturner specializing in bowl turning. He has developed these unique grinds through years of experience. They are shipped sharp and are easily ground on a Wolverine jig.
A razor edge is imperative for turning wood. Many woodturning tools are machined from subpar steel. After 40 years of manufacturing experience, we know M42 high speed steel is the optimal steel for turning wood. It hones to a fine, sharp edge and retains that edge due to a 10% content of cobalt.
Your handle connects you to your work, we’ve carefully designed the weight and curvature of our signature handles for comfort, control, and chatter reduction. Each handle has set screws to secure your tool and knurling for grip. Our innovative handles are made in our own factory and are patented.
All the design work, machining, inspection and shipping of this tool is done in our Seattle factory. As a family business dedicated to engineering ingenuity, precision workmanship and woodturning we ensure that every tool you receive is perfect. Happy turning!
- Blade measures: 1/2" diameter x 11" overall.
- Diameter 1/2". Handle Size: 12" x 3/4" and 1/2" adapter
Carter & Son Workmanship
- Every tool starts with a meticulous design. For example, a unique round tang is designed for strength and chatter-reduction.
- All our materials are certified and sourced in the United States.
- Throughout our precision manufacturing process we keep tolerances tight. This ensures strength, longevity, and cuts chatter.
- Your tool has been hand-polished, sharpened and inspected. Quality is in the details, and details are our specialty.
- At Carter & Son Toolworks our customers are most important. Returns are hassle-free. Our sharpening center is happy to answer questions. Give us a call or send us an email anytime. Visit our contact page.
In our Seattle factory meticulous designs (like a round tang for enhanced strength) meet American materials. Precision manufacturing keeps tolerances tight (boosting control and cutting chatter). And you’ll know it’s a Carter & Son tool by the personal touches. Like a hand-polished flute and sharp edge. We get the details right. You experience quality at the lathe.
2-Day Shipping. Free Returns.
Priority Shipping means your tool will arrive at your lathe shortly! Orders placed before 3pm ship the same day they are placed.
|United States||Over $175 FREE Priority 2-Day Shipping|
|United States||Under $175 $4.95 Priority 2-Day Shipping|
|Canada (under 20lbs)||$29.99 Priority Shipping|
|Canada (over 20lbs)||$44.99 Standard Shipping|
|International (under 20 lbs)||$64.95 Priority Shipping|
|International (over 20lbs)||$74.95 Standard Shipping|
Returns are hassle free. Give us a call or send us an email and we'll provide you with a return mailing label and complete refund.