- Carter & Son Workmanship
- $4.95 Shipping
Long-lasting performance achieved through unmatched quality.
Each gouge that makes the journey from our shop to yours has undergone a rigorous design process. Meticulous manufacturing operations. And has been hand polished, sharpened and inspected.
A razor edge is imperative for turning wood. Many woodturning tools are machined from subpar steel. After 40 years of manufacturing experience, we know M42 high speed steel is the optimal steel for turning wood. It hones to a fine, sharp edge and retains that edge due to a 10% content of cobalt.
Your handle connects you to your work, that’s why we’ve carefully designed the weight and curvature of our signature handles for comfort, easy control, and chatter reduction. Each handle has two set screws to secure your tool, and knurling for grip. Our innovative handles are all made in our own factory and are patented.
All the design work, machining, inspection and shipping of this tool is done in our Seattle factory. As a family business dedicated to engineering ingenuity, precision workmanship and a passion for turning we ensure that every tool you receive from us is perfect. Happy turning!
A quick overview of this detail spindle gouge:
- Machined from M42 high speed steel that has been heat-treated to 68 HRC, ensuring superior edge holding ability and honing to a finer edge.
- It has been hand-polished and inspected before leaving our Seattle factory.
- It was meticulously designed for turners, by turners.
- The aluminum handle cuts down chatter and is designed for comfort and easy control.
- The tool is easily removed from the handle for sharpening and interchangeability.
- Adapters make every Carter and Son tool interchangeable.
- This tool is backed with a 100% lifetime guarantee.
- Made in the USA.
Specifications: Blade measures: 3/8" dia. x 8" overall
Flute measures: 1/4" x 4-1/4"
Tang size: 3/8"
Handle size: 10" x 3/4" with 3/8" adapter
Carter & Son Workmanship
- Every tool starts with a meticulous design. For example, a unique round tang is designed for strength and chatter-reduction.
- All our materials are certified and sourced in the United States.
- Throughout our precision manufacturing process we keep tolerances tight. This ensures strength, longevity, and cuts chatter.
- Your tool has been hand-polished, sharpened and inspected. Quality is in the details, and details are our specialty.
- At Carter & Son Toolworks our customers are most important. Returns are hassle-free. Our sharpening center is happy to answer questions. Give us a call or send us an email anytime. Visit our contact page.
In our Seattle factory meticulous designs (like a round tang for enhanced strength) meet American materials. Precision manufacturing keeps tolerances tight (boosting control and cutting chatter). And you’ll know it’s a Carter & Son tool by the personal touches. Like a hand-polished flute and sharp edge. We get the details right. You experience quality at the lathe.
Enjoy premium lathe tools without worrying about shipping.
|United States||$4.95 Priority 2-Day Shipping|
|Canada (under 20lbs)||$29.99 Priority Shipping|
|Canada (over 20lbs)||$44.99 Standard Shipping|
|International (under 20 lbs)||$64.95 Priority Shipping|
|International (over 20lbs)||$74.95 Standard Shipping|