- How This Tool Is Built
- Priority Shipping. Free Returns.
A razor sharp, balanced roughing gouge is the workhorse of your spindle turning. Ours sports a unique round tang for unique strength and longevity.
What makes a 5-star 7/8” spindle roughing gouge?
- Wide ‘u’ shape flute design ensures efficient chip-flow
- Unique round tang provides strength & chatter-reduction
- Superior M42 high speed steel with a 10% cobalt content, for unparalleled edge holding
- M42 HSS' unique durability and razor edge mean less grinding and cleaner cuts
- Put comfort and control first with an interchangeable aluminum handle
- Handcrafted in the USA, and backed by a lifetime guarantee and hassle-free returns
- Ships sharp and ready to use!
- Blade measures 7/8“ outside diameter x 11” overall
- Flute measures 6-1/2” long
- 5/8” tang diameter
- 16” x 3/4” handle & 5/8” adapter
How This Tool Is Built
We start with the sharpest edge, and we don't stop there. Vanquish vibration, say adios to constant resharpening, and let wispy shavings fly. Delivering superior performance at your lathe drives our manufacturing.
We’ve worked with M42 high speed steel for 4 decades, and it’s uniquely suited to woodturning. You’ll grind less - a cobalt additive provides unparalleled edge holding. And the steel produces a finer, sharper edge for clean cuts. M42 is a win-win: less grinding and smoother cuts.
Our carefully sourced M42 starts as solid stock and is precision machined (not formed) with a unique round tang for unmatched strength. Every gouge sports a distinctive flute polish. This boosts the razor edge and provides efficient chip flow. Learn more about M42 HSS here.
Rigorous and detailed sums up our manufacturing. Each tool’s vibration-demolishing round tang has a diameter so precise you’ll hear a ‘pop’ when you pull it out of the handle. And every tool leaves our factory razor sharp and backed by a 100% lifetime guarantee. Built to last!
Rest assured our aluminum handles feel as great as they look. Perfectly weighted for balance and maneuverability, and designed to fit your hand. You’ll forget the handle is even there, in the best way possible. Two set screws secure your tool into the handle and allow removal for sharpening.
From flute polish to handle knurling, we’re not cutting corners. Whether you’re just starting out, or have been turning for decades, it’s an honor to serve you with quality tools. Learn more about our story here.
Priority Shipping. Free Returns.
Priority Shipping means your tool will arrive at your lathe shortly!
|United States||Over $175 FREE Priority Shipping|
|United States||Under $175 $4.95 Priority Shipping|
|Canada (under 20lbs)||$24.99 Standard|
|Canada (over 20lbs)||$44.99 Standard Shipping|
|International (under 20 lbs)||
|International (over 20lbs)||$84.95 Standard Shipping|
Returns are hassle free. Give us a call or send us an email and we'll provide you with a return mailing label and complete refund.