- Priority Shipping. Free Returns.
Equipped with a razor edge and backed by a balanced handle, our 3/8” spindle gouge is optimal for detailed work.
What makes a 5-star 3/8” spindle gouge?
- Superior M42 high speed steel with a 10% cobalt content, for unparalleled edge holding
- M42 HSS' unique durability and razor edge mean less grinding and cleaner cuts
- Unmatched flute polish boosts the razor edge and provides efficient chip flow
- Put comfort and control first with an interchangeable aluminum handle
- Handcrafted in the USA, and backed by a lifetime guarantee and hassle-free returns
- Shipped sharp with a double bevel for reduced catches and cleaner cuts
- Blade measures 3/8” outside diameter x 8” overall
- Flute measures 4-3/4”
- 3/8” tang diameter
- 12” or 10” x 3/4” handle & 3/8” adapter
Purchased this for my husband as a Christmas present. He turns beautiful boxes and had his eye on this tool for the best part of 2022. He has been using it a lot since getting it and says, “this gouge is so nice it makes hollowing the top and base of a box easier than any gouge I’ve ever had and stays sharp way longer than I can believe.”
Recently tried a couple of spindle gouges from Carter and Son tools. I have to say they live up to all the great reviews I’ve read. High quality, and very sharp right out of the box. Seem to hold an edge longer than my other tools also. Definitely recommend anyone to try one.
short on handle metal
I have purchased from Robert Sorby, Doug Thompson and a number of others and none compare to the quality that Carter and Son provide. This is my fifth tool purchased and once again, they have hit the mark again.
Terrific tool that assists me with the details on my peppermills. Thanks again for a perfect toy!!
Well balanced, holds an edge nicely. Shaft disassembles for easy sharpening.
Priority Shipping. Free Returns.
Priority Shipping means your tool will arrive at your lathe shortly! Once your tool has undergone our rigorous manufacturing process, we ship via priority mail for speedy delivery to your lathe.
|United States||Over $275 FREE Priority Shipping|
|United States||Under $275 $9.95 Priority Shipping|
|Canada and International||Calculated during checkout|
Returns are hassle free. Give us a call or send us an email and we'll provide you with a return mailing label and complete refund.