- How This Tool Is Built
- Priority Shipping. Free Returns.
The definition of “good things come in small packages”, our 3/8” fingernail grind bowl gouge is optimal for detailed work.
What makes a 5-star 3/8” bowl gouge?
- Superior M42 high speed steel with a 10% cobalt content, for unparalleled edge holding
- M42 HSS' unique durability and razor edge mean less grinding and cleaner cuts
- Unmatched flute polish boosts the razor edge and provides efficient chip flow
- Put comfort and control first with an interchangeable aluminum handle
- Handcrafted in the USA, and backed by a lifetime guarantee and hassle-free returns
- Shipped sharp with a double bevel for reduced catches and cleaner cuts
- ‘V’ shape flute, fingernail grind at 50º
- Blade measures 3/8” outside diameter x 10” overall
- Flute length measures 6”
- 3/8” tang diameter
- 12” or 10" x 3/4” handle & 3/8” adapter
How This Tool Is Built
We start with the sharpest edge, and we don't stop there. Vanquish vibration, say adios to constant resharpening, and let wispy shavings fly. Delivering superior performance at your lathe drives our manufacturing.
We’ve worked with M42 high speed steel for 4 decades, and it’s uniquely suited to woodturning. You’ll grind less - a cobalt additive provides unparalleled edge holding. And the steel produces a finer, sharper edge for clean cuts. M42 is a win-win: less grinding and smoother cuts.
Our carefully sourced M42 starts as solid stock and is precision machined (not formed) with a unique round tang for unmatched strength. Every gouge sports a distinctive flute polish. This boosts the razor edge and provides efficient chip flow. Learn more about M42 HSS here.
Rigorous and detailed sums up our manufacturing. Each tool’s vibration-demolishing round tang has a diameter so precise you’ll hear a ‘pop’ when you pull it out of the handle. And every tool leaves our factory razor sharp and backed by a 100% lifetime guarantee. Built to last!
Rest assured our aluminum handles feel as great as they look. Perfectly weighted for balance and maneuverability, and designed to fit your hand. You’ll forget the handle is even there, in the best way possible. Two set screws secure your tool into the handle and allow removal for sharpening.
From flute polish to handle knurling, we’re not cutting corners. Whether you’re just starting out, or have been turning for decades, it’s an honor to serve you with quality tools. Learn more about our story here.
Priority Shipping. Free Returns.
Priority Shipping means your tool will arrive at your lathe shortly! Once your tool has undergone our rigorous manufacturing process, we ship via priority mail for speedy delivery to your lathe.
|United States||Over $275 FREE Priority Shipping|
|United States||Under $275 $9.95 Priority Shipping|
|Canada and International||Calculated during checkout|
Returns are hassle free. Give us a call or send us an email and we'll provide you with a return mailing label and complete refund.