- Carter & Son Workmanship
- 2-Day Shipping. Free Returns.
The box scraper is an incredibly effective tool designed to finish the inside bottom and sides of a box. The radius at the base of the cutting edge allows a seamless transition from the side to the bottom of your box.
What makes a 5-star 3/4” box scraper?
- Designed to finish the inside & sides of a box
- M24 HSS provides superior wear-resistance and a razor edge
- Comfort and control at the lathe with aluminum handles
- Ships sharp, built in the USA, and backed by a lifetime guarantee
M42 high speed steel makes the cut
It’s no wonder M42 is favored across industries. A distinct cobalt additive bumps M42’s red hardness off the charts, ensuring impressive wear resistance. And M42’s unique structure produces a finer, sharper edge.
For woodturners, M42’s properties mean less time at the grinder and cleaner cuts at the lathe. Carter and Son was founded because we realized many tools are machined from subpar steel, leaving us (and you!) making far too many trips to the grinder. M42 is the optimal steel for turning wood. It holds a long-lasting razor edge and is quickly sharpened on a conventional grinder.
Handles that put comfort & control 1st
Carter & Son handles offer comfort and control at your lathe. Aluminum is the perfect weight for a balanced feel. And the comfortable shape fits your hand. Tight tolerances achieved in our factory mean your tool and adapter fit snuggly, reducing vibration. Interchangeability is possible using our aluminum adapters.
- Blade measures: 3/4" wide, 9-1/2" overall Thickness: 5/16"
- Tang size: 1/2" Handle: 12" x 3/4" with 1/2" adapter
Carter & Son Workmanship
- Every tool starts with a meticulous design. For example, a unique round tang is designed for strength and chatter-reduction.
- All our materials are certified and sourced in the United States.
- Throughout our precision manufacturing process we keep tolerances tight. This ensures strength, longevity, and cuts chatter.
- Your tool has been hand-polished, sharpened and inspected. Quality is in the details, and details are our specialty.
- At Carter & Son Toolworks our customers are most important. Returns are hassle-free. Our sharpening center is happy to answer questions. Give us a call or send us an email anytime. Visit our contact page.
In our Seattle factory meticulous designs (like a round tang for enhanced strength) meet American materials. Precision manufacturing keeps tolerances tight (boosting control and cutting chatter). And you’ll know it’s a Carter & Son tool by the personal touches. Like a hand-polished flute and sharp edge. We get the details right. You experience quality at the lathe.
2-Day Shipping. Free Returns.
Priority Shipping means your tool will arrive at your lathe shortly! Orders placed before 3pm ship the same day they are placed.
|United States||Over $175 FREE Priority 2-Day Shipping|
|United States||Under $175 $4.95 Priority 2-Day Shipping|
|Canada (under 20lbs)||$29.99 Priority Shipping|
|Canada (over 20lbs)||$44.99 Standard Shipping|
|International (under 20 lbs)||$64.95 Priority Shipping|
|International (over 20lbs)||$74.95 Standard Shipping|
Returns are hassle free. Give us a call or send us an email and we'll provide you with a return mailing label and complete refund.