- How This Tool Is Built
- 2-Day Shipping. Free Returns.
Mike’s aptly named “wood beater” is vibration dampening and designed to efficiently turn large pieces.
What makes a 5-star wood beater?
- 3/4” parabolic bowl gouge
- Shipped sharp with the grind found at Mahoney’s lathe (easily duplicated using a Wolverine jig)
- Polished flute for efficient chip-flow and a razor edge
- Superior M42 high speed steel ensures less grinding & cleaner cuts at the lathe
- Put comfort and control first with an aluminum handle
- Completely interchangeable handle system
- 100% American manufacturing backed by a lifetime guarantee & hassle-free returns
- Blade measures 3/4” outside diameter x 13” overall
- Parabolic flute, ground at 40º
- 3/4” tang diameter
- 16” x 3/4” handle (no adapter)
How This Tool Is Built
We started with a sharper edge, but we didn't stop there. Vanquish vibration, say adios to constant resharpening, and let wispy shavings fly. Delivering superior performance at your lathe is what drives our manufacturing. Keep reading to step into our factory and discover the rigorous process that makes our tools unequalled.
It's been 40 years in the making. That's right, M42 high speed steel has frequented our factory for 4 decades and was a clear choice for the tools. You'll grind less - a cobalt additive bumps M42’s red hardness off the charts for impressive wear resistance. And cuts will be cleaner - the steel produces a finer, sharper edge. M42 is a win-win: less grinding and smooth cuts.
Our M42 starts as solid stock and is precision machined (not formed) with a unique round tang.
Rigorous and extensive. That sums up our manufacturing process. But just glance at that good looking tool to the left. Every inch proclaims "superior performance at your lathe!"
This is perfectly demonstrated by each tool's vibration-demolishing round tang, with a diameter so precise you'll here a 'pop' when you pull it out of the handle. And the flutes, meticulously polished for speedy chip flow and a sharper edge. And of course, everything is sharp and hand-inspected before arriving at your shop.
We haven't even started sharing about our patented aluminum handles! (Can you tell we love talking tools?) They're designed for balance, maneuverability, and interchangeability.
Our manufacturing is comprehensive. At the lathe, you'll feel the workmanship.
2-Day Shipping. Free Returns.
Priority Shipping means your tool will arrive at your lathe shortly!
|United States||Over $175 FREE Priority 2-Day Shipping|
|United States||Under $175 $4.95 Priority 2-Day Shipping|
|Canada (under 20lbs)||$24.99 Priority Shipping|
|Canada (over 20lbs)||$44.99 Standard Shipping|
|International (under 20 lbs)||$64.95 Priority Shipping|
|International (over 20lbs)||$84.95 Standard Shipping|
Returns are hassle free. Give us a call or send us an email and we'll provide you with a return mailing label and complete refund.