- How This Tool Is Built
- 2-Day Shipping. Free Returns.
For turning clean interior curves on bowls, Mike prefers a smaller tool. With less surface area touching the wood, his 1/2" cleaner provides optimal control.
What makes a 5-star cleaner?
- 1/2” parabolic bowl gouge
- Shipped sharp with the grind found at Mahoney’s lathe (easily duplicated using a Wolverine jig)
- Polished flute for efficient chip-flow and a razor edge
- Superior M42 high speed steel ensures less grinding & cleaner cuts at the lathe
- Put comfort and control first with an aluminum handle
- Completely interchangeable handle system
- 100% American manufacturing backed by a lifetime guarantee & hassle-free returns
- Parabolic flute, swept back grind at 40º
- Blade measures 1/2” outside diameter x 11” overall
- 1/2” tang diameter
- 12” x 3/4” handle & 1/2” adapter
How This Tool Is Built
We started with a sharper edge, but we didn't stop there. Vanquish vibration, say adios to constant resharpening, and let wispy shavings fly. Delivering superior performance at your lathe drives our manufacturing.
We’ve worked with M42 high speed steel for decades, and it’s uniquely suited for woodturning. You’ll grind less - a cobalt additive bumps M42’s red hardness off the charts for impressive wear resistance. And the steel produces a finer, sharper edge for clean cuts. M42 is a win-win: less grinding and smoother cuts.
Our M42 starts as solid stock and is precision machined (not formed) with a unique round tang and unmatched strength.
Rigorous and detailed sums up our manufacturing. Each tool’s vibration-demolishing round tang has a diameter so precise you’ll hear a ‘pop’ when you pull it out of the handle. Gouge flutes are meticulously polished for the sharpest edge. And every tool leaves our factory razor sharp and backed by a 100% lifetime guarantee. Built to last!
Rest assured our aluminum handles feel as great as they look. Perfectly weighted for balance and maneuverability, and designed to fit your hand. You’ll forget the handle is even there, in the best way possible. Two set screws secure your tool into the handle and allow removal for sharpening.
From flute polish to handle knurling, we’re not cutting corners. Whether you’re just starting out, or have been turning for decades, it’s an honor to serve you with quality tools. Learn more about our story and the tools right here.
2-Day Shipping. Free Returns.
Priority Shipping means your tool will arrive at your lathe shortly!
|United States||Over $175 FREE Priority 2-Day Shipping|
|United States||Under $175 $4.95 Priority 2-Day Shipping|
|Canada (under 20lbs)||$24.99 Priority Shipping|
|Canada (over 20lbs)||$44.99 Standard Shipping|
|International (under 20 lbs)||$64.95 Priority Shipping|
|International (over 20lbs)||$84.95 Standard Shipping|
Returns are hassle free. Give us a call or send us an email and we'll provide you with a return mailing label and complete refund.