- Guaranteed Quality
- $5 Shipping
A razor edge, provided by just the right steel, is imperative for turning wood. Surprisingly, many woodturning tools are machined from subpar steel. At Carter and Son we’ve done our research and know that M42 high speed steel is the premium steel for turning wood. It hones to a fine, sharp edge and retains that edge due to a 10% content of cobalt.
Your handle connects you to your work, that’s why we’ve carefully designed the weight and curvature of our signature handles for comfort, easy control, and chatter reduction. Each handle has two set screws to secure your tool, and knurling for grip. Our innovative handles are all made in our own factory and are patented.
All the design work, machining, inspection and shipping of this tool is done in our Seattle factory. As a family business dedicated to engineering ingenuity, precision workmanship and a passion for turning we ensure that every tool you receive from us is perfect. Happy turning!
Designed with deep 'u' shape for easy stock removal. Our largest tool, this roughing gouge will accomplish your roughing jobs in record time.
A quick overview of this 1-1/4” roughing gouge:
- Machined from M42 high speed steel that has been heat-treated to 68 HRC, ensuring superior edge holding ability and honing to a finer edge.
- It has been hand-polished and inspected before leaving our Seattle factory.
- It was meticulously designed for turners, by turners.
- The aluminum handle cuts down chatter and is designed for comfort and easy control.
- The tool is easily removed from the handle for sharpening and interchangeability.
- Adapters make every Carter and Son tool interchangeable.
- This tool is backed with a 100% lifetime guarantee.
- Made in the USA.
Specifications: Blade measures: 1-1/4" dia. x 8" overall
Tang size: 3/4"
Handle: 16" x 3/4"
Customer service is our top priority here at Carter and Son Toolworks. That's why we have a guarantee - if for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your lathe tool you can return it for complete refund or replacement. No hassle, guaranteed.
We strive to offer the highest quality woodturning tools available. We hand-inspect each and every tool to ensure that you enjoy top-notch tools.
Leave a message here.
Call us: (206)878-7672
7am–6pm Pacific Time, Monday–Friday
Enjoy premium lathe tools without worrying about shipping.
|United States||$5 Priority 2-Day Shipping|
|Canada (under 20lbs)||$29.99 Priority Shipping|
|Canada (over 20lbs)||$44.99 Standard Shipping|
|International (under 20 lbs)||$64.95 Priority Shipping|
|International (over 20lbs)||$74.95 Standard Shipping|